Kamen Rider SIC




















Super Imaginative Chogokin
(S.I.C.) is a popular toy line created by sculptors Takayuki Takeya and Kenji Ando. It features figures based on characters created by Shotaro Ishinomori and later his production company.

History

The S.I.C product line is made up of 1/10th-scale action figures (typical height is 7"/18cm). The line debuted in December 1998 with its first figure, Volume 01: Kikaider. Popularity grew for S.I.C due to its reimagination of the original comic book character.S.I.C. pays homage to the late Ishinomori Shotaro. The designs of S.I.C. reinterprets the original artwork by Ishinomori. The first ten volumes were only statuettes that were mounted on a stand but Volume 11: Side Machine and Kikaider marked a milestone for S.I.C. The figure was given very articulate joints because this set included a figure and a bike.

Spin Offs

Due to its overwhelming popularity, many spin off lines were created. The first of which is S.I.C Takumi-Damashii which essentially are small figurines based on their S.I.C counterpart. A similar S.I.C line based on the tokusatsu show GARO was created in 2006, called Equip and Prop. Another Line is called Rangers Strike Solid, It was released on March 2007, It Is similar to the S.I.C. Takumi-Damashii but their poses were based on a card line by Cardas itself & it was dedidated to the long-running Super Sentai. The Movie Realization line debut in 2004. Similar to S.I.C it features characters such as Devilman, Kamen Rider, Evangelion, Spiderman, and Batman. By 2009, the newest line of S.I.C. which is smaller than a standard version called S.I.C. Kiwami-Damashii, it will release on January, the first release feature the character Kamen Rider Hibiki.


S.I.C Takumi Damashii

S.I.C Takumi Damashii (TD) are similar to its parent model S.I.C, they both take works created by Ishinomori Shotaro but TDs are different because they are a lot smaller and are statuettes which are scuplted in a pose already. Just like S.I.C, after the bike set TDs allowed the figures to have different poses. Moreover, S.I.C. Takumi Damashii featured as a set, which contains various character, such as Kamen Rider, Kikaider, and many other featured characters. The set also offers color variation for the character figure, aside from secret character that can be obtained in every set. As of 2007 the series has span up to 9 volumes.

Volume 1
(Sept. 2003)
  1. Kikaider
  2. Skyzel
  3. Henshin Ninja Arashi
  4. Gattaider
Volume 2
(Dec. 2003)
  1. Kamen Rider 1
  2. Hakaider
  3. Granzel
  4. Zabitan
Volume 3
(Apr. 2004)
  1. Kamen Rider V3 and Riderman
  2. Robocon
  3. Kikaider 01
  4. Iberu & Gobbler
Volume 4
(Nov. 2004)
  1. Kikaider and Side Machine
  2. Bijinder and Side Machine
  3. Inazuman
  4. Kamen Rider Stronger and Tackle
Volume 5
(Mar. 2005)
  1. Kamen Rider Kuuga
  2. Kikaider 00
  3. Hakaider
  4. Bike
Volume 6
(Jul. 2005)
  1. Kamen Rider 1
  2. Waruder
  3. Shadow Moon
  4. Cyclone
Volume 7
(Mar. 2006)
  1. Kamen Rider BLACK
  2. Kamen Rider Ryuki
  3. Battle Hopper
  4. Robocon
  5. Roboconca
Special Edition
(Sept. 2006)
  1. Red Hakaider & Bike
  2. Blue Hakaider & Bike
  3. Silver Hakaider & Bike
  4. Perfect Kikaider & Side Machine
  5. Bijinder
  6. Kamen Rider Kuuga Ultimate form
Volume 8
(Mar. 2007)
  1. Kamen Rider BLACK RX
  2. Akaranger (First Super Sentai S.I.C.)
  3. Kamen Rider Agito (Ground form, Flame form, Storm form)
  4. Machine Tornader
Volume 9
(Nov. 2007)
  1. Kamen Rider 1(The First)
  2. Cyclone(The First)
  3. Kamen Rider 2(The First)
  4. Cyclone 2
  5. Kamen Rider Hibiki
  6. Kamen Rider Hibiki Kurenai
  7. Robot Detective K
*from en.wikipedia.org*

0 comments: